How About Some Tooth Trivia?
Did You Know…
A Few Other Random, Dental-Related Tidbits
The first chewing gum was “chicle”—sap from Sapodilla trees. Chicle dates back to Aztec times when people boiled and cut it into blocks for chewing.
- You may have once heard that George Washington’s false teeth were made of wood. They weren’t. They were made of ivory, lead, and hippopotamus teeth.
- The average person produces 100,000 gallons of saliva during their lifetime—enough to fill 200 bathtubs!
- Before toothbrushes, people used shredded twigs to clean their teeth.
- An average person exerts 30-40 pounds of pressure per square inch with their jaw muscles.
- One in 2,000 babies is born with some teeth already grown in. Usually, these extra teeth can be pulled and the child will still grow a full set of baby teeth.
- During the Middle Ages, some people believed that kissing a donkey would relieve a toothache, and that stealing someone’s tooth could help them grow a new one of their own. Silly folks.
- Rabbit’s and squirrel’s teeth never stop growing. They continuously wear them down by gnawing on whatever is handy.
Now, Become A Teeth Expert In 30 Seconds
We Just Wanted To Share A Few Fun Things!
As a rule, we tend to be pretty serious most of the time when it comes to your oral health and our services. But we all need to lighten up once in a while. Life’s too short. Our team hopes you’ve enjoyed some of these fun things and trivia.
Do you have any random facts of your own to share? Let us know by commenting below or sending us a message on our Facebook page. We love hearing from you!